Don't know what I'm doing... please help!

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:12 AM

I finally have a smart phone but now I'm behind in knowing how to do things and am running into problems everywhere.  I went to the foursquare site and ended up here.  I downloaded the link and can't get into the app.  It opened a zip file once it was done downloading, but can't get any further.  I went to menu and 'Extract All', nothing.  I tried opening each file, nothing except for a few images which do not help any.

Now I don't know if it's a problem with the app, a problem with the phone, or a problem with me.  I'm just guessing its something I'm doing wrong so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:41 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Same here, just a zip file with a bunch of files that I don't know what to do with.   I'm thinking maybe it's just for developers?  But why would foursquare.com link to it?

Edit: Just noticed that I don't have WM7, so that's probably why it doesn't work.  I only have version 6.1 :/

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM

heather: yep, this is the source code of the app for developers to work/play with. If you want to use the app itself, open the Marketplace on your wp7 phone and search in there for the actual app to download.

tribecca: foursquare probably has an app available on the wm6 marketplace as well, you can get that here

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/get-marketplace.mspx