Problems on Windows phone...

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm coming here to report the common problems using foursquare application on WP7...

First, the app I have in France does not look like the app displayed on this page :

http://4square.codeplex.com/

And there are all the time errors about contacting the server...

When are you going to solve this ?

Thanks !

Developer
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:34 AM

that's a little vague, really. What does your app look like? When do you get errors?

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:54 AM
Hello,

Sorry for my topic but i'm really frustrated... I'm talking about the application "Foursquare". The app where you check at some places, become virtual mayors if you'r the one who checks in the most,etc..

What do you mean by "how does your app looks like"?

The error is always the same : " the server returned an error : NotFound". And this appears whatever i do : checks, posting tips...

But I noticed something. I can do some stuff really quickly after launching the app, checks are working sometimes, tips too. But if i'm taking too long, or writing a too long tip about a place, then when i want to post it on foursquare it displays the server error... It's like if i had 20 seconds to do stuffs, and after that the server is unavailable...

Many people complained about this error on the marketplace, and some say that it's fine for them since the update... But i never saw any update, and the problem is still here. Is it because i'm in france ?

Moreover, my "Foursquare" app doesn't look like the picture on your web site...

Thanks for your help if you'r able to do anything =[

Envoyé à partir de mon Windows Phone

De : jac
Envoyé le : mercredi 15 décembre 2010 03:34
À : microbaltik@hotmail.com
Objet : Re: Problems on Windows phone... [4square:236881]

> From: jac
>
> that's a little vague, really. What does your app look like? When do you get errors?
>
>
Developer
Dec 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Your foursquare app doesn't look like this one because I am pretty sure this is not the same as the app that is currently on the marketplace. Unfortunately I don't really know any reason for the server error you are getting when you use it. Have you tried perhaps uninstalling the app and installing it again from marketplace?

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:48 AM
I uninstalled it and reinstalled several times and nothing improved... If you look at the opinions of people on the market place about Foursquare you'll see that it is really badly rated... And also that i'm not the only one to have thi problem.
And when I go on the marketplace, and search for foursquare app, I only have one result, and the screenshots of the app on the market place are the same than mine. BUT, the screenshot of foursquare for WP7 displayed on your website are different from the one of the app on the marketplace...

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 06:54:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Problems on Windows phone... [4square:236881]

Your foursquare app doesn't look like this one because I am pretty sure this is not the same as the app that is currently on the marketplace. Unfortunately I don't really know any reason for the server error you are getting when you use it. Have you tried perhaps uninstalling the app and installing it again from marketplace?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (4square@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email 4square@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Developer
Feb 15, 2011 at 12:41 AM

This is not the foursquare app on the marketplace. If you are having trouble with that app, use the feedback tools in it, or go to foursquare.com.