Lot of compilation errors on FourSquare on Beta:

Jul 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Hello,

I am very eagerly to have a look at FourSquare project. I downloaded the project and tried compiling, it gives me lot of compilation errors due to Migration is required now.

1. "The type or namespace name "Navigation" does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Phone' (are you missing assembly reference)"

2. "The type or namespace name "PhoneNavigationEventArgs"could not be found (are you missing assembly reference)"

3. "The type or namespace name "Device" does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing assembly reference)"

4. "The type or namespace name "GeoPOsitionStatus"could not be found (are you missing assembly reference)"

5. "The type or namespace name "Phone" does not exist in the namespace ........................

I tried to migrate but failing with errors still.

Please look at my query in the below link at WP forum: and give me the solution step by step what should i do to migrate FouSquare entirely to work in Beta WP 7 environment.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsphone7series/thread/e42bd7ed-492c-4272-8cfd-58762f8cba90

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Martin

Jul 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I resolved all the compilation errors to Migrate with Beta but now there is a one last building error as mentioned as in Topic here "Does this work with the April refresh of the Dev Kit?  ". How to resolve it finally?

Error    6    The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\Projects\Windows Phone 7\Samples\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\Projects\Windows Phone 7\Samples\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I followed the link below to resolve this error

http://www.andybeaulieu.com/Default.aspx?tabid=67&EntryID=190

Jul 30, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I was able to get the app to compile, but the location isn't working (shows me in Washington DC), and only the Check-In and Friends options from the main menu are selectable.  Where you able to get any further?