Does this work with the April refresh of the Dev Kit?

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Hi, I have downloaded the latest code and opened it in the April refresh of the windows phone visual studio 2010 version. I am getting the following error when I try to compile and run the project: Error 1 The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly. System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Development\MobileProjects\WindowsPhone7\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) File name: 'file:///C:\Development\MobileProjects\WindowsPhone7\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile) at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task) at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task) at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult) Any ideas?
Jul 29, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I am also getting the same error after resolving all the compilation errors to Migrate to work with Beta.

Error    6    The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\Projects\Windows Phone 7\Samples\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\Projects\Windows Phone 7\Samples\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\Foursquare 2010.05.26.01\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.XamlValidator.Execute(ITask task)
   at Microsoft.Silverlight.Build.Tasks.ValidateXaml.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I followed the link below to resolve this error

http://www.andybeaulieu.com/Default.aspx?tabid=67&EntryID=190

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:23 AM

hi,

I just tried to compile this app and after removing the older references and re-adding the new Microsoft.Phone references, I'm still stuck with one problem:

Warning 4 Could not load the assembly file:///C:\code\wp7\foursquare\References\Layout\System.Windows.Controls.Toolkit.dll. This assembly may have been downloaded from the Web.  If an assembly has been downloaded from the Web, it is flagged by Windows as being a Web file, even if it resides on the local computer. This may prevent it from being used in your project. You can change this designation by changing the file properties. Only unblock assemblies that you trust. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545 for more information. WP7Square

After looking at the link pointed out by MartinNov, I'm unable to see the unblock option in the properties window of both the dll files. This means (according to the KB article pointed in the link) that the file is already unblocked and must be working fine.

Can someone help me with this?